Monday, October 15, 2007

Dart League Week 5 vs. Team Legalize It


Score After Round 1:
Club Car 12, Legalize It 4

Score After Round 2:
Club Car 24, Legalize It 10

Score After Round 3:
Club Car 33, Legalize It 10

33-10. That chug-chugging you hear in the distance is the sound of the Club Car gaining steam. After a dominant effort tonight we have officially started our streak.

Sure, the naysayers might make excuses: their best player was celebrating his birthday, they'll say. He was wasted and complacent, they'll say. It was over after the second round so they weren't even trying the third round, they'll say.

Well I don't buy that. If there's one thing I've learned as a two year veteran of the sport it's this: the naysayers are going say a lot of things. What matters is playing your game and putting a check mark in the W column. We did that tonight in a more than convincing fashion.

Highlight of the night besides the victory--
Murray and I won 50 dollars playing post match darts at the Club Car. I'm going to put it into a fund to buy drugs that make me better at darts (go Marion Jones!). It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

That's 2 in row and counting. . . .

No comments: