Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dart League Week 8 vs. Team Tuna


Score after first round:
Club Car 14, Team Tuna 2

Score after second round:
Club Car 29, Team Tuna 5

Score after third round:
Club Car 38, Team tuna 5

That's five in a row for those of you keeping score at home. Though the score might indicate otherwise, it was actually a fairly uninspired performance across the board. Special criticism should be reserved for my play, which was considerably more lazy and distracted than usual. I had a hand in both of the losses, the first one coming as the lone individual loss on the night, and the second coming in a second round team game with Griff.

If I were to make excuses it would be that looming deadline for my memo on Wednesday morning. Good thing I don't make excuses. But considering for just one moment I was the kind of person who went around making excuses, I might also talk a little bit about the debilitating paintball injury I suffered on Saturday at a bachelor party that got a little out of control.

And assuming that both of those excuses were accurate descriptions of the kind of obstacles I was facing, maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Instead of criticizing myself, maybe I should be praising myself.

Is Nick Gregory a hero? Maybe. Maybe not. But he certainly proves that a person can take a paintball in the back, write a troublesome memo, and still find time to struggle through the adversity and win a game of darts. . . on the road.

A win on the road in this league isn't easy. Next week and the week after we return to the Club Car for our first two game home stand all year. Tickets are free. Beer is $1.75. See you there.

No comments: