Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dart League Playoffs: Round 1 vs. Team Gus


The first piece of the puzzle is firmly in place. There are 8 teams left, and three more games between us and the realization of all of our wildest dreams. I didn't play this game, but I'll be playing next week's quarterfinal match-up versus Joe's Place.

My sources indicate that the rounds broke down like this:

Score after round 1:
Club Car 10, Team Gus 6

Score after round 2:
Club Car 22, Team Gus 12

Score after round 3:
Because 22 points wins a game, and we are now in the playoffs, this round was not necessary.

We were the best team coming out of the second division, and Team Gus was the worst team coming out of the first division. So, even though we were seeded 9th and Team Gus was 8th, I really didn't view this as an upset. I don't think anyone else did either.

We'll save our upset for next week, when we play third seeded Joe's Place. Last year our end of the year run came to an end at Joe's Place, so this year should be all the more sweet when we get the V at the end of three rounds.

Until then, it's all hard work and focus. You probably won't be able to reach me for the next 4 days or so. I'll be at the gym. . . pumping iron and making sure my dreams will become a reality.

No comments: