Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cornucopia is Officially a Special Interest: What I Expect from My Money


I just made my first EVER donation to a political campaign. Now, I officially consider myself "special interest" and I expect to be catered to as such.

Here are my demands from Barack Obama: represent the interests of ALL Americans and make the kinds of progressive changes that we, as a nation, can be proud of.

Oh. . .and please, please, please. . . don't fuck up the general election.

But that last bit shouldn't be a problem. You just keep doing what you've been doing for the past20 years or so and the people, including the 100's of thousands people who have contributed to your campaign, should be begging you to take the post in November of 2008.

And now, I leave you with a youtube clip of what looks to be some kind of study abroad trip in Shanghai by people whom I am unacquainted with. But notice the song that it's synced to: we got the money!

I don't even know the real name of this song, all I know is that it's on one of the Pavement albums that I listen to every once in a while and it is not called "We've got the money," although that appears to be the only lyric. Anyway, it's the perfect soundtrack for the self-congratulatory feeling I have right now.

Buying influence never felt better. . .

No comments: