Sunday, February 24, 2008

Making Link-Love with the UIMA


So, I just began using google analytics today, which is basically an online data collection tool that enables you to see which sites are linking to your site and what-not. Since my readership consists of about 10 people, all of whom are known to me, I never really figured it was worth my time.


But yesterday I decided to run it just to see how it worked and what kind of information it collected. I was very pleased to learn that, just in the last few days, one of the sites that linked to Cornucopia, The Horn of Plenty, was the University of Iowa Museum of Art Blog Art Matters. Apparently someone had stumbled across my post of the Robert Wilson Voom show at the Museum of Art and decided to link to it, along with two other blogs, in a quick post called "Web Chatter on Voom."

What's more, a fair number of people actually picked up on the link and came over to visit. Isn't that nice? Thanks for coming. Who knew that google analytics could tell you so much?

So, I figured I'd return the favor and send a little link-love to Art Matters so that those of you who are interested in a more comprehensive coverage of the Voom show or any other shows coming to the U of I can take a peak. It looks relatively new blog (their archives go to this past January), but they're already doing a good job of posting photos from events and keeping it updated frequently.

And if you still haven't gotten over to the show (this means you Em), you've got until March 30th, so set a date now.




No comments: