Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Welcome to Beautiful. . . Guanajuato!


It's official. I'll be spending part of my summer (June 1 -- an undecided date in July) studying international law related things in Guanajuato, Mexico.

I had been seriously considering doing the study abroad that the University of Iowa does in France, but the plunging dollar and my newfound love of spicy food forced me to take a long, hard look at programs south of the border. In doing so I found the perfect fit: magical Guanajuato.

Here's what my limited research has revealed to me about Guanajuato thus far:

1. Guanjuato is home to some of the most productive silver mines in the world.

2. It is a several hour bus ride from Mexico City

3. The word Guanajuato means "place of frogs," in the local indigenous language.

That's it. I'll be supplying more information after picking up a tour guide. For those of you interested in Guanajuato, here's the link to the wikipedia write-up.

Adios!

No comments: