Monday, December 17, 2007

Dec. 17, 2007: The Most Important Day of My Life. Batting Average of .400


When I went to bed last night, I knew that today (or yesterday, seeing as it's past midnight) was going to be the most important day of my life.

Not only did I have my contracts test, which constitutes 1/3 of the most important tests that I will ever take, but more importantly, I participated in the quarterfinals of the Iowa City Dart League.

Today, December 17th, was the culmination of all of my academic and recreational efforts of the last 6 months. I was looking to go 2 for 2.

I'm sorry to report that I actually went about .8 for 2. Which, in a baseball context, means I'm batting .400, which isn't actually that bad. Note-- Nick Gregory often insulates himself from reality using excess amounts of industrial grade silver lining.

Here's a breakdown of the day:

1. The contracts exam--

Four essay questions, four hours. I worked, I wrote, I analyzed, I proof-read, I cited. I did everything I needed to do to make sure that I succeeded on that exam. Upon arriving at my apartment I realized that there were several issues I might have missed. However, I take solace in the fact that I can absolutely guarantee that I did not fail the test. I also believe that I couldn't have done better if I studied more. I now leave the result in the hands of a benevolent god (who I definitely believe in, wink wink, nudge nudge). Score: .8/1.

2. The dart game--

When I left the exam, I had about 2 hours to mentally and physically prepare myself for the most important game of the season. I had a good feeling all day long. Unfortunately, the miracle season came, rather unceremoniously, to an end. Read more about it in the next post.

No comments: