Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dart league Playoffs: Round 2 vs. Joe's Place: The End of a Dream


We lost tonight. We lost bad. We didn't play well and we didn't win ANY close games. Even if we would have played the best games of our lives, I couldn't guarantee that we would've won, but at least it would have been nice to have made a game of it.

Mid-match our team captain bought tee-shirts for everyone in an effort to rally the team. I commend him for his effort, but the gesture proved ineffective and only made us feel silly as we sat in our new shirts and watched our opponents pound us into submission.

I have little more to say. The dream is dead. The miracle season is over. I will never play the piano again.

Thank you all so much for your support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to read about your defeat. I hopped on the world wide web for this sole purpose. A sad defeat for all.

p.s thank you for including other posts between your dart league recaps. Don't let the blog die now that the dart dream is dead. Is it legal for the p.s to be longer than the actual message.....apparently so.