Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dart League Week 10: Are You Kidding Me?


After we won our 4th straight team game on Monday to advance to an 18-10 lead, I had already mentally chalked up the win in my head. If I was a basketball player, I would have taken a seat at the end of the bench with the substitutes, taken off my shoes and started mugging for the camera and laughing a lot and playing with the radio commentators shit at that big, long table. At some point I would have had a towel on my head.


In my mind, I was practicing saying things like "great game guys" in my most gentle and condescending voice. In darts, nothing is more painful than hearing those hollow, meaningless words at the end of the game; I wanted to be sure I was ready to inflict that kind of pain when our last winning dart found its mark.


After all, 4 team games in a row! How do you stop momentum like that?


I'll tell you how: you win the next four to win going away by a score of 25 -18. Damn the luck.


Here are some highlights:


As a team, we probably hit more 5, 6, and 7 marks than we have all year in any match. Individually, I won my first 5 games, only to give an uninspired effort in the 6th game which could have given us the win.

No comments: