Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Bet I'm Celebrating Law Day Harder Than You Are


It's that time of year again. The one time of year when we set aside all of our differences, get together with our friends and family, exchange heartfelt gifts, and give the Lord our humblest thanks for all the Law he has given us.


Happy Law Day to all!


When I was young we used to go around the table taking turns saying which Law we were most thankful for that year. Mine was always a tie between the Laws that stopped people from unlawfully taking my property and the ones that stopped people from murdering me. My mother made us do this so we would never forget how truly lucky we were to be living in a country with such a bounty of Laws. I hope that each and every one of you takes a moment out of your day today to appreciate this truly special day.


Though our family has trouble getting together like we used to, I decided to do a little celebration of my own. This year I celebrated, like most Americans, by attempting to master an entire area of law (Evidence) in a single day; and by compiling long lists of questions for our state's legal experts at the Boyd Law Building. It truly was a treat and reminded me once again of how lucky we are to be in a place that recognizes an important holiday like Law Day.







No comments: